Friday, October 18, 2013

Interview Questions & Answers For Customer Service Job

By Tabitha Makumi.
Mary’s first inbox on our Facebook page  came in around the last week of September this year and like a lot people who visit our site, she was looking for a job. The second inbox message came in a week ago when she had been invited for an interview and she had some queries she needed answered.
“Hey, my name is Mary and I have been looking for a Customer Service job through Career Point Kenya and a whole load of other job sites. Luckily enough, this time round I have managed to be invited for an interview by a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company located in Industrial area. I have been in a lot of interviews but since this is a renowned company, I do not want to mess thing us and end up not getting the job. Kindly advice on what kind of questions I should expect to be asked?”
First off, one of the many things that hiring managers look for in customer service candidates are people  who are passionate  about helping others because let’s face it, that will be your main role in the company .
Buckle up, here are a sample of ten questions you can expect in any Customer Service Job and how you can handle them.
1. Describe yourself?
For any other position, this is just a regular question. But not in a Customer Care Interview it is not. When you are describing yourself remember to do it as if you are selling a product. How can you effectively do this?  By mentioning your positive attributes and making your negative ones look like an asset.
2. How would you handle a difficult customer?
You will need to answer this with confidence. You can say…I listen to the customer and concentrate on their matter. I do not argue or debate over any problems. I find out the useful solution , or the effective ideas that are comfortable with the customer…..”
3. Suppose a customer is screaming at you. How would you handle the situation?
Answer: I’ve seen “The angry customers” first position in my customer service representative. When dealing with angry customers, I have come to know: the most effective strategies has always had the patience to give appropriate assistance to the customer, be polite but firm. If I do my best, then I would take the next step, I would report to my supervisor. Or, I would remind the client so contact / it soon with an answer to the problem.
4. Is the customer always right?
customer service 2Answer: The customer may not always be right, but I have to put my best face to the customer’s request.  Because, first, I work for a company where we need them to have a business. Second, I am facing a human being, and maintaining professional behavior to serve the customer is a must. I learned that nothing is more useful than to serve the client with professional attitude.
5. What skills do you think are essential in this line of business?
Answer: First of all, people skills: how to listen, how to answer questions and how to deal with difficult clients. It’s also important to note that just like any many other profession, customer service jobs have work ethics and rules that must be obeyed.
With this, I always stick to the complaint procedure. Tell customers them we don’t need to rush things and submit complaints to highest official. Instead, approach the team leader first, the administrator and so on.
5.  What makes you a good fit for the position?
With this question, it is essential to mention that with this kind of job, a highly motivated person is recommended and we are that person. Tell them, we need to be pushed rather we have innate desire to perform our duty as much as we want to something for the growth and progress of the company.
6.Walk me through an experience you cannot forget and what things you learned from it?
If the interviewer asks this question, he is trying to see how well you can expound on simple experiences. Obviously, he wants to learn more about you and trying to find proofs that we can be an excellent candidate for the position.
Like any other job interviews, be sure to wear your best smile on the scheduled date and answer each question as honest as possible. There are employers who could sense it when you are lying so doing one might just ruin your chance.
7Why do you think you would do well in this customer service job?
Give several reasons and include skills, experience and interests.
You can say, “I am a person that learns quickly and perform well under pressure. I am also a very good team player that motivates others to achieve the company’s common goal

0 comments:

Post a Comment