Thursday, September 12, 2013

Job Interview Answers To ‘Why Should I Hire You?’

By Dorcas Karuana,
Getting a job interview invitation shows you branded yourself on papers as the ideal candidate for a job, and the potential employer wants to know you better.  A job interview is therefore a chance for the employer to interact with you in person, learn about your personality, and see how well you do under pressure. It is essentially a chance to sell yourself to the company.
Part of your preparation before going to a job interview is to research as much as you can about the company as well as prepare answers for common interview questions. You want to convey that you are the answer to their problems and you want to help them meet their goals.
One of the tough interview questions in job interview that gets many fail the whole interview process is; “Why should I hire you?” The interviewer asks this question just to find out how your skills, experience and knowledge can add value to the job. Well to answer this question you need to learn what they are looking for and then tie them with your strengths. This ensures that you are a viable fit for the position.
Tips In answering this question:
a) Try to summarize all your accomplishments and relate what makes you unique.
b) It is important that you sound yourself. You don’t want to sound like you are reciting something out of a how-to book. You should stay relaxed, confident and friendly.
c) The more detail you give the stronger your answers will be.
Here are some possible answers to the “Why Should We Hire You?” question.
1. You should hire me because I’m the perfect fit for this position. I realize that there are likely other candidates who also have the ability to do this job. Yet I bring an additional quality that makes me the best person for the job – my passion for excellence, this industry as well as my optimistic personality. On top of that I’m a great team player that gets along with everyone. More so, am very detail oriented, and I organize my work and time very efficiently. I want to make more of an impact than just doing my job. I don’t want to blend in with the company; I would rather want my addition to improve it.
OR
INter2. You should definitely hire me since am the ideal candidate for the position. I have a proven track record of success throughout my work experience. My work sales achievement graph always kept growing with time and exceeding the required expectation. For instance at ABC Company the set sales target for year 2013 was 1 billion and through my leadership, we were able to achieve over 1.5 Billion. Also, this position requires someone who has the ability to solve problems quickly and who can logically add value to the job. I believe my skills and abilities matches perfectly with the requirement and what makes me the unique candidate is my passion towards my work and industry. So I’m confident I’ll be the best candidate for this position.
Or
3. This position seeks a Quality Assurance Manager, I’m confident I’m the best person for this job because of my past experience, my personality, and my education. I have the determination and necessary skills for this job. More so, I have adept knowledge in Quality assurance, Product support and even some creative processes that will benefit a quality assurance team. I love mentoring junior employees since I believe in sharing knowledge to everyone in the company who work with me. So I strongly believe that I’ll be the best candidate due to the combination of my experience, my management skills, abilities and my desire to provide growth in employees.
Dorcas is a Human Resource Officer at Corporate Staffing Services. Email: dorcas@corporatestaffing.co.ke. Website: www.corporatestaffing.co.ke

0 comments:

Post a Comment