Thursday, September 12, 2013

Job Interview ‘Do You Prefer Working Independently Or In A Team?’

By Angela Wahome,
There are various factors that you need to consider as you begin to answer this question. The profession you are in and the nature of your work determine the way you work.
Even when we work independently your duties still exist within the large organizational frame work. There are also various people that you would collaborate with staff members, clients, drivers, and your boss. This will show that you are able to work well alone yet keep focus of the project and organizations goals.
In a team you may talk about what position that you prefer. Your response should illustrate your capability to work in any capacity, whether as a leader or a team player. Back up your claims with examples of successful team endeavours from your past. You want to show the interviewer you can handle the responsibility of leading while still being able to follow directions when needed.
Here are some sample answers to give you an idea of what you may say:
•    Customer Service: I love to work in team because I learn lot from others, but if I have to work alone, then I am also fine. I enjoy working in both conditions. I have no problems with either.
Interviews team•    Both a Nice. Independent work sometimes seems desirable because you can manage your own time and also you have a chance to show all your talents and skills. Team work is different because you can learn from other people and learn some values and skills so you gain experience as well as learning to try to accept others’ opinions.
•    I like both of them: Sometime I like to work on a team and sometimes I want to work independently.
•    Both are better in different cases: If the team components are supportable then I will prefer to work in the team otherwise it is better to complete the job by myself, because if time is wasted in achieving a particular job the team is meaningless.
•    No Man is an Island: I prefer working in team because I believe no man is an island, in a team you can learn from others as well as sharing ideas.
•    With or Without a Team: T-together E-everyone A-achieves M-more. Listen and value others opinion, then convey your points. Interpersonal skills sometimes overlap with spoken communication skills. When others are treated with respect they feel understood and appreciated. To make their experience as positive as possible, then excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
•    Whatever the Position Requires: I am comfortable working as a member of a team and independently. Whatever my position requires, I’m comfortable with both.
Do not focus on positions of leadership during a job interview, and refrain from discussing only instances where you acted as a team member. Do not discuss conflicts arising from team efforts during this part of the hiring process. Do not focus on negativity when answering job interview questions. Keep your answers short and professional, and avoid saying you prefer to work alone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment