Friday, October 11, 2013

Job Interview Tips: Sample Thank You Letter To Interviewers

The interview is a tough process and most dreaded by many even the most experienced; whether CEO’s or a fresh graduate. Sometimes you attend an interview and feel your performance was the best. You connected well with the interviewer; answered most of the questions and made a lasting impression. However, you do not hear anything after the interview.
For many people; just after the interview; we trend to just sit there and wait; doing nothing. Making a follow up is very important for post interview. You can do it by email, letter or even a telephone. An email is the best and most effective as you are sure it will be read.
How do you feel when you have done something and you were told thank you. You feel good, motivated, appreciated, memorable, and a sign of interest in you. The same case applies to the interviewer in regard to the job.
Writing a thank you note after an employment interview can be the key to getting a job offer. In addition to thanking the person you talked with, the thank you note reinforces the fact that you want the job. Use your letter to address any issues and concerns that came up during the interview. You can also view the thank you as a follow-up “sales” letter. In other words, restate why you want the job, what your qualifications are, how you might make significant contributions, and so on.
This letter is also the perfect opportunity to discuss anything of importance that your interviewer neglected to ask or that you neglected to answer as thoroughly, or as well, as you would have liked. Keep in mind though, that the thank you note should be brief and to the point. A couple of brief paragraphs are sufficient.
Here is a sample email message
To: johnkamau@company.com
Subject: Thank you – Executive Assistant Interview
Dear Mr Kamau,
Thank you for meeting with me this morning to discuss the executive assistant position. I enjoyed our conversation, and I am very excited about the possibility of joining your team.
I know what it takes to run a busy and successful insurance office. In my last position as an administrative assistant for XYZ Company, I helped manage all aspects of the operation, handling tasks such as bookkeeping, customer service, claims processing, report preparation and ongoing communications with the manager. You mentioned that you need an assistant who has strong “people” skills, and this is an area in which I excel. At XYZ Company, I helped the customer build client loyalty. My last supervisor said, “Phillipa is one of the hardest-working employees I have known. Her friendly and professional customer-service skills helped the firm achieve a 20 percent revenue increase last year, and I couldn’t have done it without her.”
Again, thank you for considering me for this exciting opportunity. As you requested, I’m enclosing a list of professional references. Please feel free to call me if you need additional information, have any questions or would like to offer me the job.
Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Phillipa Njoroge

0 comments:

Post a Comment